After years of complaining that its female competitors were too old, a network of male dancers has returned to compete for the same money.
Dancing with the Stars, the popular daytime series that has been around for more than 30 years, is back.
The new season is set to begin later this month, but many of the same contestants who had been relegated to a “dry spell” over the past few years have been back for a second season.
ABC says the revamped show will air “in conjunction with its popular reality show The Bachelor,” and that the series will feature more of the men competing than ever before.
The first season of Dancing With the Suns premiered on Sept. 25, with its cast of male contestants competing for $100,000 each.
In 2016, Dancing With The Stars was criticized for casting its female contestants as “straw men” rather than real-life competitors.
At the time, the show was also criticized for using the men as an “audience for entertainment,” rather than as “talent.”
“Dancing has always been a women-centric competition,” ABC said in a statement.
“But in 2017, we are making it even more inclusive with more women and minorities competing.
We are excited to bring back the Dancing with the Suns to a larger audience and we look forward to seeing all of you.”ABC also said it will have a female judge on the show.
While some of the original Dancing With Friends cast members, including former “The Voice” host Candice Swanepoel, have been fired from the show in recent years, some of its male competitors, including Ryan Seacrest, have continued competing.
After the show ended in 2019, the cast members said they were “disappointed” in the show’s decision to keep their names off the show, according to TMZ.ABC said the new season will be about the same size as the first, with new challenges and new storylines that include contestants competing in the same competitions they did in the past.
But ABC says it will not include a lot of original music from previous seasons, like the original song “The One,” or a traditional dance routine.
“This new season features a diverse cast of talented women and men competing for a lot more money,” ABC Entertainment President Mark Burnett said in the statement.
Some of the female contestants, who are expected to compete in as many as five challenges, were originally supposed to appear on Dancing With Stars’ new season.
But the producers decided to not include them in the lineup because they were too young, the network said.ABC also announced the return of a “Survivor” spinoff.
The network said it is bringing back two new seasons of “Survival” after the producers scrapped the popular show due to “political correctness.”ABC said it hopes to “provide an engaging, educational experience that will help people make decisions about what they want to do with their lives.”ABC, which will broadcast the season premiere on Thursday, Sept. 28, said that the new show will focus on how to “recreate a strong, resilient, resilient community” in which people “trust each other to navigate challenging situations.”ABC’s Dancing With …
The Stars premieres Sept. 29.